Friday, January 16, 2009

Glogster - Creating Electronic Posters

The minute I saw Lesley's Glog, I knew I had to try creating one. Students will love this electronic alternative to the traditional poster project.

Glogster
is a free, online application that facilitates the mixing of graphics, photos, videos, music and text into an electronic poster format. There is a Glogster version for education .

Students could create a glog as an alternative to a book report, or to represent an historical event or time period, or to explain concepts in math and science - there are endless possibilities - if you come up with a cool idea, pass it along!

Scroll over the glog I've created about some of my Literature favorites. When the red circle appears, this indicates a web link. The YouTube video about songs inspired by literature is also viewable. I don't think it's too bad for a first attempt - I did learn a few things along the way that I am happy to share if you would like to create one of your own.



Click on Literature Links to view the glog larger.

No comments: